Enrollment & Registration
To register for school, a new student must be:
- a resident of the District (proof of residency required)
- between the ages of 5 and 21 years
- 5 years old on or before October 1 for kindergarten or 6 years old on or before October 1 for first grade
The new student must have:
- a birth certificate or its equivalent
- up-to-date immunization records
- evidence of a recent physical examination is requested
- the child’s Social Security number is requested
- name, address, and telephone number of last school attended
To inquire about the operational hours for a school, please call the school directly. Elementary students attend approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes per day, and secondary students attend approximately 6 hours and 45 minutes per day.
There are no fees for regular instructional programs. Fees are charged for extra-curricular activities and special instructional program materials. Contact a specific school for more information.
For the 2013-2014 school year, preschool applications will be accepted between January 7th, 2013 and January 11th, 2013.
We are pleased to offer District families a preschool experience designed to enhance kindergarten readiness. A quality early childhood experience includes a valued partnership between the school and family. The District preschool program is family focused and facilitates child learning in all developmental areas.
Preschool programs are available at all neighborhood elementary schools and designated community sites.
For more information concerning Preschool Registration, please visit our Preschool Registration page.
For the 2013-2014 school year, kindergarten applications will be accepted between December 3, 2012 and January 15, 2013. Registration continues after January 15th, but choice of AM, PM or Full Day may be limited.
Any kindergarten registration questions can also be answered by calling the school (school contact information) you are submitting your application to.
As your child enters Kindergarten, we want to make you aware of the complete menu of Kindergarten programming options available for the upcoming school year.
- St. Vrain Valley School District will offer the following Kindergarten program configurations:
- Traditional Half Day Sections (half days AM/PM, 5 days per week)
- Half Day, Alternate Day Sections (1 half day, 2 full days per week)
- Full Day, Every Day Sections (full days, 5 days per week)
Please contact your school of attendance for specific kindergarten schedule information.
For more information concerning Kindergarten Registration, please visit our Kindergarten Registration page.
Students who desire to attend a school or program outside of their designated attendance area may apply for Open Enrollment/Nonresidence authorization for the school or program of their choice. In order to apply, an Open Enrollment/Nonresident Application must be filled out.
To appeal an open enrollment decision, the following form must be filled out:
For additional information on open enrollment within the District, please reference the Board of Education's official policy and regulation:
Critical dates for the 2013-2014 school year
- December 3, 2012 to January 15, 2013: Submit applications
December 3 through January 15 is the period in which applications for open enrollment should be submitted to the requested school.
- February 7, 2013: Deadline to receive application status letter from school
Written status letters from the requested school will be sent to the applicant approving or denying the application by February 7.
- March 1, 2013: Deadline for school visit and open enrollment confirmation
Applicants who have been approved for open enrollment should visit the requested school by March 1 and confirm their desire to open enroll.
Open Enrollment Reminders
Not all schools allow open enrollment. Each year the Board of Education reviews school populations, enrollment projections, building capacities and staff sizes and determines which schools can permit open enrollment.
Students whose applications are denied or whose applications were submitted after the January 15 deadline will be added to the waitlist of the requested school. Board policy also provides the opportunity of appeal.
Maps & Boundaries
The District provides maps and boundaries to assist those looking for geographic information related to the St. Vrain Valley School District.
For additional information or questions about enrollment or open enrollment, please contact the District Planning Office at 303-682-7229.
|St. Vrain Valley School District • 395 S Pratt Pkwy • Longmont, CO 80501 (303) 776 - 6200|