Employment - Substitute Teachers
The application process to become a substitute teacher within the St. Vrain Valley School District requires applicants to complete the following steps:
- Acquire or hold an appropriate license
- Complete the application process and apply
- Attend the District's Substitute Teacher Orientation
The Colorado Department of Education issues teaching licenses to qualified applicants. The District requires that applicants hold one of the following State issued licenses:
- Colorado Teaching License (Professional and Initial Licenses are accepted)
- Colorado Substitute Authorization (3-year and 5-year authorizations are accepted)
- Additional licensing information
Apply for position
Substitute Teacher Orientation
Applicants must also complete a one hour Substitute Teacher Orientation. After the District pre-screens the applications, those that are selected to be hired will be contacted and scheduled for a Substitute Teacher Orientation.
District substitute teachers are paid according to the following rates (as of July 1, 2008):
$100.00 per full day
$50.00 per half day
$150.00 per full day long term
$75.00 per half day long term
Current substitute teachers have access to SubFinder and WebConnect. SubFinder and WebConnect allow substitutes to review current assignments, review available jobs, cancel a job, and review personal information.
- SubFinder can be accessed by calling (877) 400 - 0367
- SubFinder On Line
The Substitute Handbook provides information and summarizes pertinent issues for substitute teachers.
For additional information or questions, please contact the Substitute Coordinator by email or by phone [ (303) 682 - 7393 ].
|St. Vrain Valley School District • 395 S Pratt Pkwy • Longmont, CO 80501 (303) 776 - 6200|