"Learning Services’ primary focus is to support achievement by establishing rigorous standards and high expectations for leadership and learning."
Contact Connie Syferd (303-682-7328)
The Department of Learning Services (DLS) provides support in a variety of areas to students, staff, parents and the community. DLS areas of facilitation focus on all programs and initiatives supporting student learning and achievement.
DLS’s primary objective is to support District-wide, improved student achievement. In this process, strengthening collaboration, communication and partnerships with schools, parents and the community is at the center of our work.
Learning Services includes the following departments:
- Assessment & Curriculum
- Athletics, Activities & Fine Art
- District Technology Services (DTS)
- Early Childhood & Preschool
- English Language Acquisitions (ELA)
- Professional Development
- Student Services
- Title I & Literacy
District Calendar Committee
The District Calendar Committee includes individuals representing teachers, principals, parents, community residents and other stakeholders from across our service area. The Committee meets September to February to research, discuss, formulate and then recommend to the Board of Education the District-wide, two-year calendar.
The Calendar Committee generally meets monthly, 4:30pm – 6:00pm, until the calendar is presented and approved by the Board of Education in February.
The District Calendar will:
- Facilitate what is best for students, focusing on achievement
- Facilitate what is best for adults/teachers, providing opportunity for entry of grades prior to the end of a grading period
- Consider opportunities for teachers to improve practice
- Meet State/Federal requirements and local District policy
If you would like to join the Calendar Committee that will determine the 2012-13 and 2013-14 calendars, please contact Connie Syferd at (303) 682-7328.
|St. Vrain Valley School District • 395 S Pratt Pkwy • Longmont, CO 80501 (303) 776 - 6200|